Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Presidential statement regarding North Antarctica
Quote:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27]

Statement from President Nick Perry regarding the eruption of Montaña Blanca

I am speaking to you today with the greatest sorrow and regret. It is my solemn duty to report that a large number of people, still in Livingston, have died following the eruption of Montaña Blanca. The damage caused has been devastating, the harrowing pictures of homes being destroyed will be etched into our memories forever. So far, we have done what we felt was necessary to ensure the safety of the people of Livingston. This has regrettably not been enough today. The danger is not over, and it is clear that there is much more that we need to do, so I am now taking a further step, and ordering a total evacuation of North Antarctica.

We will be providing transport to get people off the island as soon as we possibly can. We have received kind offers of help from Alduria and Thracistan to house our citizens during this crisis. We have seen the desolation caused by the lahars, and on the best advice from our scientists, I have made this decision. It is not safe to remain in North Antarctica in the long term. A further eruption will happen, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but certainly within the coming weeks. The safety and security of the people of North Antarctica is of paramount importance to us. Troops will be stationed in Murcia to assist with the evacuation. More food will be supplied to ensure that nobody has to go hungry, and thanks to the kind support of our friends in Alduria and Thracistan, shelter will be provided as well.

I am in total shock at what has happened today. It saddens me that some residents did not appreciate the magnitude of what was happening, and have sadly paid with their lives. This warning must be taken seriously. It is vital that you leave the island as soon as physically possible. We will look after you, we will provide for you, we will make sure you have somewhere to go. We will not allow more people to be lost.

Beginning immediately, until the end of this week, Mercury will enter a period of national mourning. I hope this is the only time we have to do this. Please leave North Antarctica.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING NEWS: Presidential statement regarding North Antarctica - by joefoxon - 11 May 2020, 07:31 pm