Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Presidential statement regarding North Antarctica
Quote:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27]

Statement from President Nick Perry regarding North Antarctica

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A situation of the utmost urgency has arisen in North Antarctica, and swift and decisive action must be taken to ensure the safety of our citizens. I am providing the residents of Livingston with one very simple instruction. Leave the city as soon as you possibly can. We will be providing as many resources as necessary to get everybody out of the city safely. Public transport will be provided for free. Trains will leave Livingston every three minutes, and will be able to take people to safety. Please use this. It is incredibly important that the roads are left clear. For those that absolutely have to travel by car, all roads out of Livingston are to be treated as one way. Do not under any circumstances attempt to return to the city once you have left. We will provide you with somewhere to stay. We will provide you with everything you need to eat and drink. We will stop at nothing to keep our people safe and as secure as possible. This is not a statement I ever thought I would have to make, and I hope that my nervousness does not deter anybody, I mean what I say. Leave Livingston as soon as possible and do not go back for any reason.
Quote:

Statement from President Nick Perry regarding the eruption of Montaña Blanca

I am speaking to you today with the greatest sorrow and regret. It is my solemn duty to report that a large number of people, still in Livingston, have died following the eruption of Montaña Blanca. The damage caused has been devastating, the harrowing pictures of homes being destroyed will be etched into our memories forever. So far, we have done what we felt was necessary to ensure the safety of the people of Livingston. This has regrettably not been enough today. The danger is not over, and it is clear that there is much more that we need to do, so I am now taking a further step, and ordering a total evacuation of North Antarctica.

We will be providing transport to get people off the island as soon as we possibly can. We have received kind offers of help from Alduria and Thracistan to house our citizens during this crisis. We have seen the desolation caused by the lahars, and on the best advice from our scientists, I have made this decision. It is not safe to remain in North Antarctica in the long term. A further eruption will happen, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but certainly within the coming weeks. The safety and security of the people of North Antarctica is of paramount importance to us. Troops will be stationed in Murcia to assist with the evacuation. More food will be supplied to ensure that nobody has to go hungry, and thanks to the kind support of our friends in Alduria and Thracistan, shelter will be provided as well.

I am in total shock at what has happened today. It saddens me that some residents did not appreciate the magnitude of what was happening, and have sadly paid with their lives. This warning must be taken seriously. It is vital that you leave the island as soon as physically possible. We will look after you, we will provide for you, we will make sure you have somewhere to go. We will not allow more people to be lost.

Beginning immediately, until the end of this week, Mercury will enter a period of national mourning. I hope this is the only time we have to do this. Please leave North Antarctica.
Quote:

Statement from President Nick Perry regarding the eruption of Montaña Blanca

Today marks the greatest tragedy in the history of this country. The eruption that took place today has killed countless people, deaths that sadly could have been avoided. For the people that are still stranded in Murcia, we are still coming for you. For the people that are already safely housed in Alduria, Floria and Thracistan, it pains me to say that there will not be a North Antarctica to return to. We are working tirelessly to provide you with somewhere to go, with a claim to territory closer to Mercury being discussed currently. We will ensure that wherever we are able to rebuild for you, it will be a safe place to live. These recent events have come as a shock to us all, the most important thing now is how we can respond. I've said time and time again, if you are evacuating, we will look after you, rest assured that this will continue until we are able to rehouse you. I will bring you more news in the coming days about what will happen next, but for the time being, please use what we are providing for you.
Quote:

Statement from President Nick Perry regarding Antarctic claims

The terrible events of the last couple of weeks are still firmly etched in our minds. It has been truly heartwarming to see the response of the Mercurian people following the tragic eruption. As a government, we have always been clear that we will do whatever it takes to ensure that our people are back to safety as quickly as possible. We recognise that although North Antarctica was clearly the worst affected by the disaster, there will be knock-on effects for Lusa and Qavaqaqqaqqaniitqeqertaq too. These two regions are economically heavily-dependent on North Antarctica, and due to their remote location, it is unlikely that the same level of support can be provided for elsewhere.

This is why we have drafted a claim to relocate all three Antarctic territories into the northern hemisphere. This is an extremely drastic undertaking, and is not a decision we have taken lightly. We have already spent over Cr 1 billion on our efforts to evacuate North Antarctica, and we are quite prepared to spend what is relatively speaking only a little bit more, to ensure that our other, smaller communities can continue to thrive. In addition to this claim, we will also be extending our hospitality to our neighbouring Osktravan friends, who have been without a state for many years now. We intend to provide them the same level of stability and security that we are now attempting to provide with our Antarctic territory.