Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One to One Million - 24 April 2020 episode
The opening credits run.

Hello and welcome to tonight's edition of One to One Million. We return today to someone who's hoping to become the first person ever to home our maximum prize of one million Craites, 46 year old Myles Perry from Bisminster, who finished last night's show having answered all 16 questions correctly, with Cr 131,072 in the bank. How are you feeling today after sleeping on it?

Well I was so nervous about coming back that I didn't sleep at all! I'm not really planning on deliberately going for the million, if I like the question, I'll decide then!

The audience laughs

Now, let's briefly recap where we are in the game, you currently have a total of Cr 131,072 in the bank, you've doubled up on every question so far, and you've used your double step to get here. You set your safety net at Cr 65,536 yesterday, so whatever happens today, you'll go home with at least that amount of money, but we'd love it to be more. You still have your Second Guess remaining. Let's have a look at your clue word for question number 17. This could be worth Cr 262,144 to you. The clue word is:

Orbit

How do you feel about that one?

I was always good at science, it sounds like that's what it's going to be.

What do you want to play with on this one?

I think I can go for it again, let's go for double again.

Double up it is! For Cr 262,144, let's play One to One Million

The lights dim

Question number 17 is this:

To the nearest thousand, how many days does Noctis take to orbit Atos?
A: 7,000; B: 8,000; C: 9,000; D: 10,000

Ah, so it is science then!

What else did you think it could be?

I'm not sure really, there's not a lot it could be really! When you're sitting here, you tend to... second guess yourself, so to speak. I was reading up on the planets before yesterday's show, funnily enough, and I remember reading that Noctis takes about 40 years or so to orbit. Let me see if I can work it out.

Jennifer repeats the question

I vaguely remember it being more than 40 years, I just can't remember the exact figure. 40 lots of 183 would be about 7,000 or so, maybe 7,500, off the top of my head? But then this was more than 40. I think.

So you're thinking it's between two?

It's looking that way, yeah... I hope.

Just remember, you lose Cr 53,392 if you give me a wrong answer here. It's worth Cr 262,144. If you choose not to play, you can still take home Cr 104,376.

Well I can still take the money if I do Second Guess. Let's give that a go. That's my decision.

Ok, Second Guess is in play, give me your first answer please.

First, I'm leaning towards it being on the higher side of the 7,000s, so I'm going to say 8,000.

Not 7,000?

Well it could be. That's probably what I'd put second, if I had to. No, I'll go for 8,000.

Is that your decision?

Yes, 8,000.

The lights change as the answer is locked in.

Well, you mentioned earlier, that when you're sitting there, you second guess yourself. Was there a bit of that here?

Maybe a little bit, but I'm fairly sure it's one of the two, I'm just not certain which one.

Well, something must have been in there nagging away, it's the RIGHT ANSWER! You've just won Cr 262,144!

The audience applauds