Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Hostages taken in Tow Law
12:35pm

An armed man has taken hostages in a coffee shop in Tow Law. Armed police are currently surrounding the building, where it is believed that 32 people are held inside. The identity of the man is not yet known.

CCTV from inside the cafe shows that at 12:17 this afternoon, the man entered, ordered a drink, and sat down, seemingly waiting for the lunchtime rush. At 12:33, as a large queue was forming inside, he stood up and barricaded the doors with a table. The man then forced staff to lock the doors at gunpoint, trapping the hostages inside.
2:00 pm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25]

The identity of a gunman holding hostages inside a Tow Law coffee shop is still not known by police, who are still trying to establish contact. The siege has now been going on for an hour and a half, and it is believed that as many as 32 people are inside.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4:21 pm

The gunman holding 32 hostages in a Tow Law cafe has been identified as 27 year old James Tudor, cousin of the Independent England leader. Police have still not been able to establish contact with Tudor.

Charles Tudor refused to make reference to his relation to the gunman, as he stated in an interview "I fully denounce these terrible acts, and urge him to let these people go free."
5:00 pm

James Tudor, the gunman holding 32 people hostages in a Tow Law cafe has revealed to police that his only demand is the unconditional independence of Nova England. Police snipers have been trained on the building since arriving at the scene at 12:41, just eight minutes after Tudor barricaded the hostages in.

Independent England leader Charles Tudor has denounced the acts of his cousin in an earlier interview, and told MeTV News that he believes his cousins actions are in no way linked to last year's controversial Witan elections, in which Independent England won 45 seats, but were kept in opposition by a four party coalition.
The siege at a cafe in Tow Law has continued into the evening, with all 32 hostages still believed to be inside the building. Nova English gunman James Tudor, cousin of Independent England leader Charles Tudor, has stated that his sole demand is the independence of Nova England from Mercury.

Charles Tudor, speaking to MeTV News said "While I am a supporter of Nova English independence, I wholeheartedly reject these methods, just as any reasonable person would." For the first time addressing his relation to the gunman, Tudor said "I have, obviously, known him for all of his life, and I had never thought him capable of such an act. Clearly, something has gone very wrong in his head, and this has led to the unfortunate events we see today."
Mercurian President Joe Foxon has made a statement regarding the hostage situation in Tow Law, where 32 people are being held captive by Nova English gunman James Tudor.

Foxon said to MeTV News "I am outraged and shocked at today's events in Tow Law. During these local elections, this is a stark reminder that there are many more important things than politics."
The siege at a Tow Law coffee shop in which a gunman is holding 32 people hostage is still ongoing after 18 hours. James Tudor, cousin of the leader of Independent England, entered the shop at 12:17pm yesterday, and sat in wait for a quarter of an hour before beginning the siege.

Tudor told police that his only demand is the immediate and unconditional independence of Nova England from the Republic of Mercury.
The siege at a Tow Law coffee shop is still ongoing over 24 hours after a gunman locked customers in yesterday lunchtime. It is believed that 32 people are being held captive by Nova English independence proponent James Tudor. Police are still surrounding the building.
3:21pm

BREAKING NEWS: Hostage situation over

The gunman that was holding 32 people hostage in a Tow Law coffee shop has been apprehended by police. It appeared to police that James Tudor was preparing an execution, when police snipers shot and incapacitated him. He has been taken to a secure hospital to be treated, and will go on trial when discharged.