Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Ergonian Delegation] Division of the Taylorian Subcontinent
Your Excellency,

Our nations close proximity as well as our shared goals of geographic expansion have lead us as an ally to consider limits on what we would claim with the MCS, in exchange for, similarly, Mercurian limits.

The Ergonian Delegation presents the following treaty, "The Concordat of 5807", as a solution to this interesting situation:

Quote:A Treaty

between

The Republic of Mercury and The Independent Realm of Ergonia:

The Concordat of 5807

Preamble

The purpose this treaty is to set a boundary beyond which the two allied nations, Mercury and Ergonia, agree not to make territorial claims, either by public official declaration of their own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, as specified in the treaty as follows.

Article I: Limits on Ergonian Claims

Ergonia shall not claim, either by public official declaration of its own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, land above the line shown in the map that is included in this Treaty.

Article II: Limits on Mercurian Claims

Mercury shall not claim, either by public official declaration of its own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, land below the line shown in the map that is included in this Treaty.

Article III: Expounding on the Limits Imposed by the Line as Marked

A textual description of the line in the map included in this treaty is a line that extends from the western border of the eastern portion of Ergonia to the Morovia River. Therefore, the line ends at the Ergonian border on its easternmost end, and ends at the Morovia River on its westermost end. Beyond the endpoints of this line, either east or west, this treaty makes no stipulations about where either nation may or may not make claims.

Article IV: A Note on Non-Party Claims in the Shaded Region

If a foreign power that is not Ergonia or Mercury claims additional land in the region that is shaded in the map that is included in this Treaty, Ergonia and Mercury both shall remain neutral unless that

Article V: Processes Relating to Treaty Modification, Nullification, and Disputes

a. This Treaty may only be modified or nullified by the mutual consent of both parties.

b. Disputes relating to this Treaty or the actions of one or both parties in regards to this treaty shall result in a 30 day Period of Arbitration between the two parties which shall be presided over by the Chairman of the Governing Council of Ergonia and the President of Mercury, who shall both make any final decision regarding the arbitration; if at the end of 30 day Period of Arbitration the dispute relating to the treaty is not resolved, this Treaty shall become Null and Void.

Attached Image:

[Image: 93tZUta.png]

The Governing Council of Ergonia awaits comment, concerns, and/or ratification by Mercury so that it may decide to proceed on discussion and ratification.

Signed,

Thadeus Lange Jr
Leader of the Ergonian Delegation to Mercury
This seems like a fair split. I think there's a mistake in the treaty though, the end of Article IV appears to be missing?
Your Excellency,

Good, I will inform the Council.

EDIT I have just decided to unilaterally remove Article IV. It just seemed redundant. Article V is the new Article IV.

Quote:A Treaty

between

The Republic of Mercury and The Independent Realm of Ergonia:

The Concordat of 5807

Preamble

The purpose this treaty is to set a boundary beyond which the two allied nations, Mercury and Ergonia, agree not to make territorial claims, either by public official declaration of their own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, as specified in the treaty as follows.

Article I: Limits on Ergonian Claims

Ergonia shall not claim, either by public official declaration of its own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, land above the line shown in the map that is included in this Treaty.

Article II: Limits on Mercurian Claims

Mercury shall not claim, either by public official declaration of its own, or with the Micronational Cartographical Society, land below the line shown in the map that is included in this Treaty.

Article III: Expounding on the Limits Imposed by the Line as Marked

A textual description of the line in the map included in this treaty is a line that extends from the western border of the eastern portion of Ergonia to the Morovia River. Therefore, the line ends at the Ergonian border on its easternmost end, and ends at the Morovia River on its westermost end. Beyond the endpoints of this line, either east or west, this treaty makes no stipulations about where either nation may or may not make claims.

Article IV: Processes Relating to Treaty Modification, Nullification, and Disputes

a. This Treaty may only be modified or nullified by the mutual consent of both parties.

b. Disputes relating to this Treaty or the actions of one or both parties in regards to this treaty shall result in a 30 day Period of Arbitration between the two parties which shall be presided over by the Chairman of the Governing Council of Ergonia and the President of Mercury, who shall both make any final decision regarding the arbitration; if at the end of 30 day Period of Arbitration the dispute relating to the treaty is not resolved, this Treaty shall become Null and Void.

Attached Image:

[Image: 93tZUta.png]

I do hope this is to your satisfaction. If you sign the treaty, the Governing
Council of Ergonia has authorized me to do so likewise.

EDIT: Removed Article IV

We await your signature.
Signed,
Joe Foxon
President of Mercury
Your Excellency, thank you, on behalf of the Ergonian government.
I likewise sign the Treaty so that it now goes into effect.

Signed,

Thadeus Lange Jr
Leader of the Ergonian Delegation to Mercury
Quote:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27]

Expiration of the Treaty

Due to the demise of the Independent Realm of Ergonia, this treaty is no longer in force.

Joe Foxon

President of the Republic of Mercury