Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening relations with Alexandria
The government of Mercury would like to formally invite the Empire of the Alexandrians to open diplomatic relations. I ask for the Alexandrian ambassador how he wishes to proceed, either by signing a standard treaty or by drafting one from scratch.
This is great news! The Empire of the Alexandrians is indeed very happy and eager to formally open diplomatic relations with the Republic of Mercury.

We can present a standard treaty of friendship and recognition unless Your Excellency has any grander designs for this budding relationship.
(21 Jan 2015, 12:27 am)Edgard II Wrote: This is great news! The Empire of the Alexandrians is indeed very happy and eager to formally open diplomatic relations with the Republic of Mercury.

We can present a standard treaty of friendship and recognition unless Your Excellency has any grander designs for this budding relationship.

I'm sure this standard treaty would suffice and it'd probably be similar to anything we'd propose anyway, as our standard treaty is a variation on a treaty proposed to us in the past.
Quote:
This is a Treaty between the Empire of the Alexandrians and the Republic of Mercury.

ARTICLE 1
There shall be a Perpetual State of mutual recognition and friendship between The Empire of the Alexandrians, hereafter referred to as "Alexandria", and the Republic of Mercury, hereafter referred to as "Mercury". The two aforementioned nations shall be committed to a peaceful resolution of any and all issues that may occur to estrange and otherwise alienate them one from the other.

ARTICLE 2
Both Nations shall refrain from any aggressive, belligerent, or hostile act or policy, either overtly or covertly, directed against the other.

ARTICLE 3
Mercury shall respect the neutrality of Alexandria, and Alexandria shall respect the neutrality of Mercury. Therefore, if any disagreements occur between the nation of Mercury and other nations, it shall be understood that Alexandria being neutral shall take no official side in such matters, unless pursuant to foreign policy directives, an Act of the Imperial Assembly, or an Imperial Decree in Alexandria.

ARTICLE 4
The signatory parties shall respect the diplomatic envoys of each other, their diplomatic correspondence and their offices, as well as all other government structures of each other.

ARTICLE 5
The signatory Nations shall recognize any titles and other honors granted by their respective Leaders to their citizens and to other persons, and vice versa.

ARTICLE 6
This Treaty may only be amended, revised, enlarged and expanded upon the concurrence of both signatory Nations. Any contrary action or measure shall be null and void.

ARTICLE 7
This Treaty shall enter into force upon ratification by both signatory Nations' governments by whatever method is used in said nations.

ARTICLE 8
Either party may withdraw from this Treaty provided that seven days' written notice (defined as a post on the forums of both nations by the withdrawing nation's head of state, ratified by whatever legislative procedures are necessary) is given.

How about this?
Looks good to me! I'll go ahead and sign!

Signed:
Joe Foxon
President of Mercury
27/01/2015
[Image: signature.png]
E D G A R D V S - I M P E R A T O R - A L E X A N D R I N V S
Ok great! Moved over to 'Signed Treaties'.
Just an FYI - this treaty is up for ratification in the Imperial Assembly of Alexandria.

If possible, if you could prepare a brief statement that you can release to our Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage Deputies to vote for the Treaty would be very helpful. (No opposition foreseen, but we always like to have an extra nudge of encouragement for our Deputies.)

Would it be possible to create an Alexandrian embassy here in Mercury?
I'm currently wiki-ing at the minute, but when that's done, I'll get right on both requests Smile
Thank you very much, sir!